Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Review of the 2010 craft resolutions

Well 2010 has flown by! I thought I would review what I initially wanted to do with my crafts and etc. My "craft resolutsions". Reading them is almost comical. What was I thinking? Though I did mention that I would be happy with half. Let's see if I got half!

Items in bold I completed. Red is side notes lol!

1. lion latch hook (its going in my closet to replace my barbie rug) Nope in my closet in the box :(

2. fall leave and pumpkin table runner. its a cross stitch that i will back with material and serge to finish. Yes I did and mom used it for thanksgiving this year. It looks fabulous. I even blogged it.

3. matching pumpkin cloth napkins (this again is for mom!) yup. see #2

4. Turkey and pumpkin stuffed projects. I have like a gazillion of them too. this is a first for me, may take some time to tweak. again for mom and family for fun times at thanksgiving. nope but recently pulled the fabric out b/c this could be an easy project to complete.

5. Snowmen pre-printed cross stitch stockings. they are so cute. will probably be gifts but i'm guessing i'll fall in love with them and won't want to part! there's 2 of them tho! no opted to sew bellydance costume

6. cuban cigar cross stitch. this will be my grandmother's christmas gift. i never finished it this year. counted cross stitches at times get on my nerves and i want more instant gratification. nope probably opted to sew a bellydance costume

7. finish my silver hipbelt that i made to match my silver bra from china. :) yup blogged about it too! it still looks great!

8. Make matching gold and black hip belt for the bra i beaded. i also need to add the glass bead fringe i got from egypt too. no :( i don't know where i want to go with this yet.

9. make matching crimson and black hip belt for the bra i beaded too. nope this costume is changing

10. Asian halter tops for me and baklava! i have this gorgeous asian brocade fabric that is just being called out to be used up! :) this will be corset tops instead. we recently decided to try this out

11. Pink leopard costume set. Skirt is almost done. Need to bead it and then cover a bra. You will probably see me from space that fabric is so loud but so cute! nope had to quit.

12. iris latch hook (dreaming but would love to get this out of my closet!) no but i would love to!

13. vintage light up santa cars. its a felt kit, very cute. nope did others first!

14. penguin noel wall hanging. this is for joan for xmas. she loves penguins. Working on it now. i'm going to count this

15. christmas at the beach felt ornaments. don't know who they are going to but someone in south florida! going to mom. 1 more ornament left! wahoo!

16. finish up my small asian "bless this house" needlepoint. i already have one done, this would match! wrong again. still in the craft box

17. finish up all the small cross stitch ornaments. they take me no time to do and it would get rid of some clutter! i'd say there are almost 10??? most can be easily done in 1 night. i got a few of them done

18. flame skirt. and i think make a matching halter for it. could be a bellydance costume, could be a halloween costume if i throw on a pair of horns (or just let mine grow out according to some people) and get a pitch fork. waiting. this fabric is difficult and i'm trying to get a good pattern.

19. sew the following fashion items
A. Dress
B. Sweater
C. Skirt
D. Jacket
E. Shirt* (open to what i actually make)
nope they were all bellydance items i sewn! ;( bummer maybe next year!

20. advent calendar, easy sew project! thought about it. does it count?

21. valentine wreath finish yup in a blog too :) yay

22. Make beaded heart necklaces with the monofilament yup gave one to mom :)


23. Peacock feather bellydance costume???? :) oh yeah! i'd like it to be functional in either the tribal fusion and cabaret worlds too. nope i need more practice with it

24. Pink pearl necklace! um i don't even know what i was intially thinking so i don't even know!

25. Gold chain beaded necklace. no i needed more practice beading first.

26. Make a quilt/blanket for Project Linus (www.projectlinus.org) would have had i stayed in my crochet class. lol

27. Zipper heart pendant nope

28. fix, sequin, and line those spandex skirts I also got from china yes i did. though now i think i want to pull the sequins off. the belt's fringe get's caught in the sequins (esp the pink one)

8 out of 28. eek! that is 28.5% so i didn't make my cut off here. but got slightly higher than 1/4th of my projects done!

Now here are my excuses .....

  1. i wanted to practice on other projects first before i started some of these
  2. my train of thought changed
  3. i saw somehting else that was sparkly and decided to do soemthing with that inside.
  4. i needed better patterns for skirts and tops.

i am sure i have plenty more excuses but i'll spare you! now onward to thinking for next years craft to do resolutions......



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...