Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Heart Pin

I finally have time now to catch up on my blogging with my heart pin I made from scrap material. To start out with the start, I just went to my clipart files and looked for a nice part and made it to a certain size and printed it out. I traced it onto a piece of leftover felt, making my base for my pin.

To make the rest of the pin, you need some leftover fabric, scissors, and hot glue. Plus some tolerance for heat as you will get hot glue on your fingers. But hey all in the name of crafts, right? :) As always I had my trusty sidekick by my side, Natasha. Making sure to "approve" of my circles. Which is what we need to make.

I cut several strips of fabric, about 1-1 1/2" wide and then cut that into squares. At first I started to measure and try to be perfect but eyeballing is just fine! Then cut them into circles. Easiest way to do this is to fold them in half then in half again and then round it out.

Ok I thought I had pictures of this but they have gone lost. So I will try to explain this as best as I can. It is actually relatively easy. Go back to the circles, fold in half and half again... Add a drop of hot glue to the bottom of the circle (you may also want to add a drop of glue to where the circles are folded so it does not open up to a circle. Then simply glue it to your base (mine was a heart printed out again from clipart) Start in the center of your heart and add around it. I folded my circles different ways so there was a mixture of fabric either the printed side or the backside of it. I added an additional layer of felt to strengthen it and glued my pin and we are done! Tada here is the finished product! Pretty nice??

Here is it on a dress. :)

Me likely and I just earned a fabric point. ! Cha-Ching!

1 comment:

Kristi B said...

Very cute! The perfect element to add over a stain on a favorite shirt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...