Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Pants to skirt Challenge!

This piece of clothing was givenn to me by Sonja. She was out shopping one day at goodwill and found this orange and pink paisley capris and instantly thought of me. My challenge was to turn it into something cute and wearable. HMMM....


I decided to turn it into a skirt. it was a size XL but it was also stretchy. Don't think it was actually true to size. I never actually tried it on b/c it was a bit ugly.

First thing to come off was that tshirt material edge. It just didn't work and I did not like it. It was also old looking.

Next, I continued with my seam ripper and began to undo the middle leg seam on both sides. I went up past the inseam area so the skirt would work without any funky things going on.


Next we need to join the 2 legs together. I began at the top and worked my way to the bottom. I pinned it in place and now you can see this J- shape in the inseam. I knew about this b/c I have sewn several pairs of harem pants. We want to remove this J and make it flso the skirt will sit straight.

While I was pinning I pinned to wear the J would be gone (so straight down) this was where I was going to sew.

Simply just sew. I tried it on and the length was not working. You can tell the pants began to taper b/c of the shape the skirt took on. Off came many inches.

Then I just created a hem, folding up 1 inch. Pin and iron to make your sewing life easier. Then sew.


End product.. not too bad. No zippers (yay!) the elastic barely stretches on my hips but it is comfy. I am trying to figure out what is the perfect top to pair it with yet. But it would also be perfect for beach day/coverup b/c its so nice and light. :)


It is not a fancy skirt, just something simple.

Challenge taken, success! Thank you Sonja for my new skirt!

XOXOXO,
Lauren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's kind of amazing that you turned those pants into that cute skirt! I'm inspired! Thanks for linking up to WWWW! I'm featuring you today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...