Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Iron Craft 31- Violet Flower Earrings

For this week's iron craft Challenge we had to make something out of clay. Wow this took me back to high school when I took a pottery class- where we made things out of clay. I actually enjoyed that class immensely, it was fun to have a creative outlet during school, especially since I had all advanced, AP classes, and Dual Enrollment. It was a breath of fresh air. It also show you why I love to craft and sew at night- I am so technical and science filled to the brim during the day, I need a way to decompress at night! :)

Initially, I thought big for this challenge and wanted to make a clay flower but my family was in town this and was unable to craft! I seriously had sewing withdrawls. So, I went small. I had this violet flower press since college. I was an Alpha Delta Pi and our flower was the violet. Mom bought this for me to make stuff and crafts (yes I loved craft time in college too). I kept it ever since.

I used 2 different FIMO colors of purple and made all different sizes. Also what helps with these old molds is adding some baby powder with a cotton swab. Love it! Bake and let cool! I added a dab of yellow paint pen to the middles b/c this cookie would fail at adding a small piece of yellow clay!!


Next, I decided to make a pair of earrings. I grabbed some earring posts from Hobby Lobby and glue then together. Done! Here is my finished earrings! :) I like the darker purple better. May experiment later with the light purple with other colors.


Here are the bigger ones.

Wahoo, can't wait for the next challenge!

XOXOXOXO,
Lauren

2 comments:

kat said...

Ah, mold make for such a perfect design.

La La Lauren!!! said...

Yes they do! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...