Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Is too much bling possible?

First off to answer this question... is too much bling possible? The answer is yes and I will show you why....


This was another Sonja gift. A beaded cardigan from Victoria's Secret. She said it looked like me with all the beads and sparkly stuff. LOL. Well it is not a lie, I love blingy and sparkly stuff. But it has to work and be balanced.


I would often look at this cardigan and just say something is off about it, but could never put my finger on what was wrong. One day, I finally came to the conclusion that there was TOO MUCH bling on the cardigan. Those beaded flower-thingies just overpowered the cardigan.

So out came my scissors (not my seam ripper, way too easy to go willy-nilly and rip a hole in the sweater). Snip, snip, snip away the beads. There are a lot of flowers on that thing! All I had left was the middle rhinestone that was taking too long to remove so I kept them on there! All what I had left was the edge trim of beads. And wow did it look better!


Here's with my camera on a different setting where you can see just a hint of sparkle from where the flowers used to be and where the remaining rhinestones are left.


I think it would look great unhooked with a belt and a skirt. See you can have too much bling (bad bling that is!). :)

xoxoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...