Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pink sequined cardigan

I upgraded a pink cardigan with some sequins. The cardigan was kind of small fitting in the chest area so it was one of those things I would have to wear open. But I found it bland and boring and wanted some sparkle. :)


I had purchased a bag of sequins on clearance at Hancock Fabrics. I thought I was getting a steal with them at $0.99. But then when they were rang up at the register they were $0.20!!!! I went and got all the rest of the sequins! I now have pink, brown, and turquoise! I don't think I even broke $5 total! So excited! I simply added the sequins by hand (I'm fast total time = less than 3 hours and I was watching tv!). I sewed 1 row at a time. Just edging the satin bias tape edge. Additionally, I slightly overlapped the sequins, with the new sequin going under the already attached sequin. Then I repeated doing the next row... Done!


So just a little bling and the cardigan takes on a whole different feel. Perfect for work! :) Yay for easy refashioning.

XOXOXOXO,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...