Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Project Lace #1- Lace inset shirt

If you don't know I am part of the Refashion Co-op, a group of fabulous people dedicated to refashioning clothing. I am now the Daily Editor for Wednesdays. :) We are now having challenges to inspire and maybe help you finish a project you started etc... Our first theme was Lace (curtosity of yours truly!) I had 1 week to plan....

First I had purchased this shirt on clearance from JCPenneys awhile back for $2 I loved the stripes. Except when I put it on, it so did not fit right. The arms were too tight (and it was a misses medium???) I felt like the hulk. I tried to use my bulging biceps to rip the sleeves. Because tight sleeves make LAUREN ANGRY!! GRRRRRRRR.


First and foremost, those sleeves need to be shortened. Since they were bizarrely tight in the forearms, they HAD to come off! I tried to use another shirt as a template. But it wasn't until I tried it on that I could refine the sleeves.

Next I found my lace in my stash and positioned it on my shirt down the center. Side note: not each lace scallop is created equal. I had no idea, one had a rose while the other didn't. I had to make sure I matched them up. Luckily I cut more than I actually needed!


Sew down! This was a bit tricky b/c i was sewing down the center of a shirt!


Then I folded over the lace on the bottom and sewed down.



Done! And now I have my first entry into the lace challenge with refashion co-op. Now I have to try and figure out what I am going to do next for this challenge! :)


Yeah I was totally sewing in my fleece pants, it was right after my physical therapy appointment. ;) I still think there is something funky at the neckline going on but I was going to give the shirt time to settle post refashioning.

XOXOXOXO,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...