Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DIY body scrub/polish

I have seen many posts about various people's DIY spa projects and I thought I would take a stab at it!

With the cold season, the air is dry and so is my skin. I need a frequent scrubbing to keep it looking fresh. But I don't want to spend a lot of money!

I had this bottle of body dew, which is a mix of essential oil and perfume. It smells wonderful! I thought I would give this a try to use as my base.


Next I pulled out my sugar, using both brown and white and I thought I would compare both. Next, I had to determine my ration of oil to sugar. First, I tried 1:1, so for non-scientists.... 1/3 cup oil to 1/3 cup sugar. Here is the first picture... too much oil not enough sugar.



I definitely needed more sugar. I added another 1/3 cup of brown sugar (so 2/3 cup sugar to 1/3 cup oil, or 2:1 ratio) and then mixed it up (I used old chopsticks that I don't eat with, they make great stirrers for craft projects and clean up well!).


Success!!! Just the right consistency and perfect for a body scrub! I also tried it out with white sugar too!


Now I tried it in the shower the other night. I did have a lot of oil on me and it did make my bathtub slippery. I also had to wash my body again with some body wash but... OMG my skin was sooo soft and smooth, and no longer dry! Actually my skin has not been dry for days. It was great for my hands which stay constantly dry with all the hand washing I do daily.

I tried the white sugar on my body. I got a good scrub. I have only used the brown sugar on my hands, again equally as good but since it is fluffier the ratio was a bit different. Maybe I will combine both next time.

Either way, I do love what I made but I think I am still going mess with the formula a bit. It is worth trying. I love my new and soft skin!!! :)

XOXOXOXO,
Lauren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing at Shine On Fridays! I love how my skin feels after using a scrub.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...