Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 13: Spaghetti Squash

So today was the first day I messed up my posts. I normally sit down and have a writing session and schedule everything but I only got up to yesterday, which was Sunday. It's almost impossible to write during the work day, even on a small break or during lunch. And today was busy with paperwork. Fun!

I am learning how to cook differently now that I am gluten-free. I am not "celiac" however I have a lot of the symptoms. Ever since I gave up gluten life has been wonderful. The bumps in my scalp have disappeared, same with the ones on my neck and arms, my face no longer has that all over red hue, and then all the GI things too! But now I need to learn how to cook more things since I am restricted from a lot of food. I have never ate much squash but I am learning to love squash. Here is my quick way to make spaghetti squash! 


I cook mine for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven. It all depends on how many are in your oven and how big they all. Check for softness with a fork to verify all cooked! Then pull out of the oven and let it sit out for 5-10 to cool down. Trust me- those little puppies are hot which makes the next step impossible. 
Take a fork and simply rake down the center lengthwise of the squash and noodles will completely form. It is soooo easy! Next add your favorite topping. Tonight we were treating it as spaghetti and added some spaghetti sauce with some chicken mixed in. 
Calvin loves Parmesan with his. Super yummy. Easy dinner. And very healthy for you! 

Here's to 47 more days! For a list of all my posts click here. 

Cheers,
Lauren


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...