Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 84: My DIY Maxi Skirt

I completely made this up. I wanted to use this fun fabric and make a skirt out of it. It was long enough to make a long skirt. I had a long piece of elastic and thought I would try it! Let's wing it! First even out the top and bottom

Next line up the elastic with the top of the fabric. This is a super stretchy fabric so I don't need to stretch while I sew it I used my elastic stitch.



I had a lot of extra fabric and elastic so I tried to drape the excess and I stretched the rest of the elastic over the waist.

I tacked down in several areas with my machine.

So here is my skirt. It is super comfy and perfect for lounging in the house getting things done at the end of the day or during the weekend. Not bad!



Alternatively, where the excess fabric is where I have place on my bum, I can also wear it as a slit on my leg. And yes there are no side seams in this skirt. The only thing I sewed was the elastic! The extra fabric covers over each other. For more of my 90 days of blogging click here.

xoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...