Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Iron Craft 2013 Challenge #1 Cotton

Alright so last year I took a hiatus from Iron Craft to seriously focus on charity and getting rid of a bunch of fabric. Which I did. So I am back this year. Yeah!!! Maybe I can get some craft done and still finish some of my projects!

This week it is cotton. It is freezing here in D.C. I decided to make myself a scarf with this teal cotton knit material I had that I could not use to make capes. It was a long piece of fabric too so perfect for a scarf!

First I squared it away and decided to make it long so I had to cut it in half. I believe it was around 11-12 inches across

I sewed the short ends together to make it nice and long. 

Then I pinned the long sides together b/c I wanted to make a long tube.

Sew!! And I made sure to not include the little holes on the edge. Just a natural product from making the knit. 


Then it was done. Turn it right side out! Now I am getting to use my gathering foot. Which is not a ruffling foot, they are 2 different feet. I started at the middle of the scarf

Set the tension to a high number. Also do a long stitch, you with then get a sewed gather!!! 

oooh! Look at gathers just form on their own! No pulling thread! 

Center done!

I then did both sides. 

Scarf done! Yay!

Here it is! The cotton knit is thick so doubling it up makes for a really warm and thick scarf! I love the color. :)




Yay first Iron Craft Challenge met! Wahoo! You can still join! :)

xoxoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

I love how this came out!! Stopping by from Keeping it Simple linky party and your newest follower. Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fun-fur-boa-scarf.html

Stop by my blog when you have a moment ;-)

Just Crafty Enough said...

How awesome that you have a foot that does that. I hate doing the pulling & trying to get things even.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...