Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Orange Wool Turtleneck Refashion

I don't know what it is about turtleneck but I just don't care for them. Especially if they are itchy wool. Take this orange wool sweater....

It actually fits fine, I mean its a winter top you have to have room to layer. I am getting really good at getting rid of turtlenecks! First again cut down the side . Then cut some of the excess of but leave room to fold down 2X. Also what helps is cutting little nips around the circle in order to ease the folding.

See the nips? Everything is folded 2X and pinned. I then hand sewed everything down while stretching the sweater at the same time (and hence why there are no pictures of this!). 

Done! Turtleneck gone! Yay! 


Here's to warm winter clothes!!

xoxoxo,
Lauren

3 comments:

Lovely Light said...

Excellent job as always. Most people would pass on the turtleneck.

Rita said...

Love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing.

Far said...

Good job! I have at least 2 candidates for this quick refashion :)

p/s: Can't believe that I haven't followed your blog before. So today I rectified that...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...