Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Wrapped wire rings

Happy New Years everyone! I hope 2013 brings you a wonderful year! Yay so I had so much fun with the wire combs I thought I would try out some rings! I had these large beads that would just not work on necklaces but they would make great rings. So here we go! Again I started with wire- I had different thicknesses so its flexible, it depends on if they will go through the beads! I had wire about the length of my arm span. Since the beads were big I wanted a lot of wire. First thread the bead on the wire right in half.

As you can see I'm using a ring mandrel that I can fix what size I want to use.

Wrap this around. Then from the backside reverse wrap the wire.

Repeat a few times.

Now we will begin to wrap around the bead. Here is a hint, I have read several blogs about making rings similar to this and I have learned something doing this several times. Pinch the wire with the bead so it will sit a little more flush with the mandrel. Or else what happens is the bead will move and not be even and you will see the holes. Pinching helped a LOT! Now time to wrap the bead. You want to wrap the wire the same directions. I started with one side and wrapped to the other side.

Now join the 2 wires together and begin to wrap the bead around with the wire. I found doing 2 at the same time rather that wrapping each individual wire gives a cleaner look.





Now it is time to finish the ring one wire needs to go to each side. This was super hard to do and take pictures at the same time. OMG! Pull the ring off the mandrel. Wrap around the part of the ring. Repeat the other side.



I used my needle nose pliers to help wrap (again really hard to do while taking pictures). Then also flush the wrap so it won't rip the skin. Here is another version with another color variation.


I had fun and made a ton of them. They are going to be gifts. Super easy and fun!


xoxoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

Mandy Jean said...

Cute!!!!!

Take Care,
Mandy Jean

Mommy Evolution said...

Great idea! Please share your projects at www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com each and every week and check out what other creative divas are up to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...