Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Baked hard boil egg try

I know everyone has seen the pins on Pinterest. Bake eggs and make hard boiled eggs. No cracking. And if you have your oven on anyways....

So I thought I would give it a try. My oven was on anyways. So I placed eggs into a muffin pan. I put it at the oven at 325 degrees and baked for 20 minutes.

Now I have so many versions of this baking hard boiled eggs so I thought I would do an experiment. I did half the eggs cooling on a rack to room temperature. The other half I ice-snapped them to cool them down.
Basically I threw the eggs into the ice bath. Pulled them out. Done. Now time to compare. First off both eggs had burn marks from the muffin tins. Weird

But alas when I looked at the egg- it was really nicely cooked!

Let's compare

On the left is cooled on the counter. On the right- ice snapped.

Again both had burn marks. Maybe cooked too long and maybe I should turn down the heat-I may have accidentally turned the temp to 350 instead. Ok on to the inside egg.
Both were cooked well and tasted fine. The room temp cooled eggs had that grey color around the yolk. The ice snapped eggs did not have the grey color.

And the end of the day I would ice snap them. Because I would rather make them, ice snap, and put them into my fridge and call it a day. Much more convenient for my schedule.

Hope this helps you!!

xoxoxo,
Lauren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this idea, must try... We love boiled eggs but I don't like boiling them because they broke often :(
MammaNene

SergerPepper.blogspot.it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...