Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pink Paisley Hi Lo Skirt

Again it started with some fabric I bough on clearance that I thought was so pretty but not a lot to do a lot of things with.... But when I saw this pattern, the light turned on and I had just enough fabric to make this skirt! Simplicity 1695. Well that is if I cut it smaller than my normal size.... so I cut a 8. But I cut the waistband and the liner (yay the pattern had a liner!!!! Unlike some other patterns!) at my normal size. :)

The liner I used tho did not give so I had to improvise but adding a gore (a triangle to non sewers to give it some wearing ease- meaning I could walk in it! I had a scrap of the lining leftover and I just use all of it to make a triangle. So no measuring or math. I can't handle any more math and thinking than I already do!


Sew in the skirt...

I added the waistband- easy. Then I serged the hems of the skirts
Done! Yay and it fits! And its is not bulky. My only problem was on my serger I needed to change the differential feed b/c I got a ruffling on the chiffon. Luckily the ruffling was pretty even and no big deal. 





Would I sew this skirt again? Yes, it was easy to sew and I would make sure that the liner had enough ease again but now I know! :) 

Yay! Man I am tearing up the patterns this year! yay!!

xoxoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute!! I am thinking I need to make one for myself.

Christina @ The Scrappy Housewife said...

Very pretty! I've been looking for some inexpensive skirts like that but I never considered making them myself! I'll have to pick up the pattern. Thanks for inspiring me! Found you via Shine on Fridays at Happy Go Lucky. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...