Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Another white button down shirt

Nothing really exciting here--- just a white button down... snore...

I did not like the shinniness of the shirt so I thought I would try out RIT Dye in lemon yellow

My goal was to dye everything but the shiny stuff and get a 2 toned top. But that is not what I got!... oops! I lost the picture! Basically it was a bright and I mean BRIGHT yellow top! Too bright for me to wear near my face- it just does not work with my coloring. It looked like this

Tho on my shirt the ribbon accents were yellow. Everything was yellow. OMG so much yellow. I tried adding things to maybe change it up but it just didn't work. I needed to change the color or give the top away b/c it would just sit in my closet. So when I was doing my peacock top, I used the rest of the dye bath from the blue RIT dye.  I thought it would turn it green and I could work with green.

Well here is the green I got. Actually the entire result made me say ... WHAT??????? Did not expect this!

The shirt is a light army grey green and the ribbons dyed blue!!! Here is up close!


Now I am happy with the outcome. If I had tried to plan it this way, it would have not worked out like this. Love the surprises!

Cheers,
Lauren

2 comments:

Sonja said...

That turned out super cute!!!

La La Lauren!!! said...

Thank you! If I had planned it, it would not have worked out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...