Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Easy Striped Skirt Refashion

I had this skirt that I got and it is a weird length so I wore it as a strapless dress for a long time with a belt. But after a while, it got old and I wanted it as a regular skirt. I love stripes!

So I marked where I thought where it would be good to end with some pins.

I cut it off about a strip or 2 below that mark (to account for the hem allowance!) Here are the 2 pieces. I will probably use the rest for bibs. It is a nice boy fabric. :)

I folded over the short white line and ironed. 

Then I folded it under and ironed again. The bottom of the skirt will be a white line now when we are done. 

Sew

Easy peasy, lemon breezy. Skirt done. Good length for work. Can't wait to style it for the fall. 


It is a simple skirt refashion. And yes the length makes all the difference. Now I do feel a little bit hippy  but I just need to style it right. Can't wait to pair it with some knee boots, a sweater or a cardigan and a great scarf. Perfect for fall.

xoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...