Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pink/Purple Tie Dye Maxi Dress Refashion

I had this dress for a bit but for some reason it never worked. I wore it once and then it shrunk some and it was a weird length. Then I found myself pulling up the top. It was just too frustrating to wear.



So hard to see the bottom oddly, ok whatever. I took a pair of scissors to the top part of the dress. Here is the top from the bottom, separated. Weird huh?

Time to make it a maxi skirt. I serged the top portion of the skirt b/c I hate unfinished edges. 

Fold over, sew-creating a casing. Feed through some elastic. Adjust to fit. 

Connect the elastic together- however your heart feels content to sew it.... (LOL!)

Done! A maxi skirt that fits. I need to mess around with styling. No more anyone seeing my weird feet and ankles!

Got to love easy refashions!

xoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...