Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, March 31, 2014

I dislike khaki capris, refashion #24

This is a pretty good statement about how I feel about most khaki capris. First they range in a variety of colors and some of colors just don't work for me at all. I look sickly white. Capris also come in a variety of lengths and sometimes I feel that they can hurt your visual height-meaning make you look shorter than you are actually. So I don't do a lot of capris. But I wound up with this very large pair-now what?
I undid the bottom cuff to find I could almost make myself a pair of pants but decided against it. Instead I decided to convert it to a skirt. I could use a nice khaki skirt for work. I did undo the cuffs and almost had enough fabric to make pants but it was not going to work. Skirt it is.

I undid the waistband. Then I got rid of the J shape in the front and back of the old legs. Sew straight down.
I sewed the waist band back after I took the skirt in. What happens now is it did make the pockets come closer together. I'm fine with that. Then cut and sew and the bottom hem. I got a nice pencil skirt for work. Yay!

Yes and I can pair belts with the skirt too and make it fun. 




Here is the recap. Such an improvement from those capris. Sorry Ann Taylor, but your capris were ugly!

Cheers,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...