Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Oh yeah, striped maxi skirt

I am back in town. Tired. Confused on the day and time and trying to get back to reality. I had this blue and green striped knit fabric in my stash forever (came from that lady!) and didn't know what I was going to do with it. Then I realized it was thin, didn't have a lot of stretch and was slightly see through. I also had a lot of this fabric. I couldn't help myself with this easy sew deciding to use up the fabric for a maxi skirt.. Because it really is that easy, especially since I worked out the sizes. I have made this skirt before see my chevron skirt.

Since it was see through- I have a layer underneath the skirt. This was perfect for traveling. It was a bit chilly when I left so this was great to stay warm with the slight chill.


Yup on the phone taking pics. Hey I didn't have a lot of time. As you can see the fabric pulls back, which was odd, but I could live with it.



Paired with a jacket and I was ready to go. Actually when I left I paired the skirt with my pink faux leather jacket. It was super cute!

Ok who is ready to leave for travel. 

Yeah used a lot of this fabric. Which is good. I may try to make an easy top or else I will turn it into boy bibs, which it is hard to always have good fabric for boys. Ok I have a lot to catch up with, meh.

Cheers,
Lauren

2 comments:

Nancy said...

When you mentioned that the fabric "pulled back" I remembered a few pages in a book I purchased at Barnes & Noble last week. There was a whole section on working with lighter fabrics and how to stabilize/fortify them - and doubly nice, showed how the fabrics looked alone, or with some structure behind them. It made all the difference. The book is "The Dressmaker's Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques" by Lynda Maynard. It's costly at $26.99 but well worth it.

Jessica said...

Congrats on the great finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...