OMG how big is this polo shirt?? I am wearing shorts under this shirt!!! For real!
Since it was so big and huge, my goal was to turn it into a dress. Now to make it happen.... And I had a hole too... :(
First we need to deconstruct this shirt. I cut right below the arm holes- this will become a skirt. I removed the collar too. Off cam the sleeves, which I opened up and removed the arm binding.
Dang still a lot of stripes. I attempted the bodice next. I really liked how the sleeve curved and thought it would make a cute bodice, I mean 1 sleeve was an easy half of the top. So I evened it out. I attached to the back, which was just another piece of material with a straight across. I serged the top to avoid fraying, and then ironed under to create a casing. More on that later.
Time to fix up this skirt! I sewed out the hole. Serged to prevent fraying. I actually did a mirror "sewing out a hole" just so the skirt would look balanced. I did several pintuck both on front and back. Attach to the bodice!
Time to start finishing up. I added elastic to the top of the dress. I also added elastic to the back part of the skirt to get a better fit.
It was super comfy! Here is the recap! I plan on turning the rest of the fabric into bibs for boys. There is that much left of this polo! Crazy!
Lauren (almost half way done!!!)