Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, August 8, 2014

GF brownie mix try

Another mix I decided to try out. Bob's Red Mill again. You can find a lot of these mixes at  Big Lots for a good buy. Let's try the brownies.

Easy mix and a bake. Here are my done brownies (and they went fast). They were good but not a repeat good. They had a fruit taste to them. That was my only beef. I don't think brownies should taste like fruit.

I'll try another mix. But least I have it on record.

Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

Nadine in NC said...

I found a recipe online (but can't locate it at the moment) that is for a chocolate muffin in a mug. It's just as rich as a brownie but so much easier and cheaper in my opinion. I've slightly adapted the recipe. Add the following ingredients in a large mug:
1 egg
2-3 tbsp. of sugar
3 tbsp. almond flour/meal
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp. oil
pinch of baking powder
dash of salt
Optional:
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
chopped nuts
chocolate chips
1/4 tsp. of water (to increase moistness)
Mix thoroughly. Microwave for 45 seconds (may vary depending on your microwave).

I know this seems like a lot of ingredients, but it really is easy once you get used to making it. If you're dairy free too like me don't use the chocolate chips, but my husband really loves having them added!

I'm not celiac either but find I do so much better limiting my wheat intake. I also often omit the cocoa and add an additional tbsp of almond flour and then add fruit like blueberries or cherries. You have to play around with the cooking time based on how much fruit you add though. I hope you can find a few good recipes that make going gluten free easier for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...