Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

White dress refashion, refashion 70

I can't pull off white, all white-without some color.
It was a little big, too long and a bad color.

First, let's use up on some dye! Yeah! I used RIT dye navy blue. And when I pulled it out of the dryer- I was so excited with the result!
OMG OMG OMG, How great is this dress now! The white lace didn't take much of the dye. But I still have a problem, too long. I decided to cut off the fabric below the white lace. Very carefully!

I serged the inner lining quickly in order for it to not peak out from the lace. Done! And the hot water shrunk some of the fabric so the fit was better. No need to sew anymore! Yay!



Here is the recap- I love this new dress!!
Cheers,
Lauren

3 comments:

T. Sedai said...

This looks so awesome!

Rennie said...

That's lovely kindof looks like denim. White dresses are a little dated! I havent used dye for years, put off by the idea it might go pastel, you got a good colour!

jenny_o said...

Serendipity! Looks lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...