Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Indian Tunic Top, Refashion #82

I found another lovely embroidered Indian tunic that just needed a few tweaks. I loved that red and orange embroidery on the black pattern.
What I didn't care for was the length and the brown fabric accents found on the bottom of the shirt and sleeves.

First the length! Off with the length. Then I needed to hem the bottom. This was tricky with the front of the top as it had the mirrors and thick embroidery. Running this through my serger was a no-no. So I used biased tape and VERY carefully  sewed adjusting the stitch length for the middle section.

For the back it was easy- serge and sew down a hem. 

Not pictured is me removing the bottom sleeve portion and then doing a quick hem. But here is my new top. I like having another long sleeve top option that is not boring. This will look great with some skinny jeans and some boots. 



As you can see I didn't fit the sleeves due to the fact it is just a cotton broadcloth. I need to be able to move and stretch with my arms. Taking the sleeves in would not work on this top. 

Here is the recap. An easy top. Perfect for fall!

Cheers,
Lauren

BTW now I am officially caught up with my October quota for posts! Err, just in time!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...