Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Refashion Leftovers to a new top, #81

So what happens when I combine the flowered dress

with the Fuchsia scarf from the Tunic Dress Refashion

We have enough to make a 2 tone top! I used one of my favorite Vogue patterns.

So cut....


Got creative for the back since I didn't have enough fabric, So I cut and added 0.5 inch seam allowance.

Sew together! Yeah I was moving along pretty fast. But when I put it on, it hung oddly on me. I didn't like the sleeves and I felt the top part could be pulled up. The scarf fabric didn't drape well like the chiffon I used previously. With some tweaking, I got a better fit.


Here's my new top!



I am really happy that I was able to use the skirt of that dress into something useful. There is still more of the scarf left but I have no idea what I am going to use it for. Here is the recap!

Cheers,
Lauren

The end is sooooo close!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...