Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Gluten Free Friday! Homemade mac and cheese

I miss a good home made mac-n-cheese. I have been looking for a good recipe when I came across this one in the Deliciously G-Free cookbook.
So I cooked the pasta elbow macaroni but 3 minutes less than the box says. I used an entire box.

Now let's make the sauce- it will all be from scratch.
3 c milk
1 tsp potato starch
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbp butter
2 tbp cream cheese
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 cups cheddar cheese

Whisk milk, potato starch, and salt in bowl. In a stock pot melt butter and cream cheese. Slowly whisk in the milk mixture. Add spices. Reduce to low heat and add cheese. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta to sauce and transfer to a baking dish. Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Serve!

Love!!! Just love!!! The spices really add some dimension to the mix, much more grownup than something out a box. It makes a lot so it took me some time to eat up, but I was happy to eat it. :)

Cheers,
Lauren


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love macaroni and cheese!! Thank goodness they have decent gluten free pasta now.

Joke Vermanen said...

I was just wondering which pasta you use?
I usually eat brown rice pasta.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...