Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Flowered slip sewing- Kwik Sew 3554

Oops looks like I had scheduling issues. Here is today's post. Trying something new here- make a nightie/slip using this Kwik Sew pattern 3554.

I had this fabric in my stash, it was flowered. Lots of orange and black. I actually didn't care for it but thought it would be a good practice. I didn't have a lot of it, as you can see in the following pictures. I ran out of length and for 1 cup Sigh...


Make it work! Sewing was pretty easy. I did have some issues on the cups which caused me to rip it out a few times and try again Then It did take some time to work out the straps. And then when it was done- I no longer hate the fabric.

Actually I love it. I finished with a simple double stitch.

Surprised that after sewing this, I wound up loving the fabric. Whew knew! What a lovely end product! :)

Cheers,
Lauren


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not surprised you like it, it's really pretty.

Doctor T Designs said...

It's so pretty! Great use of the floral print.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...