Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Endless Wave Pants

Now if you are not a bellydancer you probably don't know why in the world I made these pants or what they are. Basically these pants look like a skirt until you start moving. And they show off all of your moves and when you spin they are absolutely gorgeous on stage.



I have seen them made in everything, chiffon, Georgette, silk, satin, everything. Belly Dance Pattern ~ Endless Wave Harem Pants Pattern by Gaylene ...

Prior to moving and giving up dance, I had bought the pattern and was going to sew myself a pair. I had this lovely embroidered pink chiffon and thought this was the way to go. Unfortunately I ran out of fabric when I was cutting the sails. This pattern uses a lot of fabric! I had to improvise and use pink georgette that I purchases that matched the colors of the chiffon. I spaced out and mixed between the 2 fabrics so it seemed intentional.

Sewing these guys was pretty fast IF you have a serger! I cut serged away and was done really fast. Add elastic to the waist and the ankles and I was done!

Here's my pants!

Just look at the volume!
Big!!

These only make me want to dance in them. :( Life is too busy for me to really dance anymore. But how lovely is that drape?

And when they spin...

You might ask are they see through? The answer is yes, somewhat. That is just due to my choice of fabric. But I could counter that with wearing pink athletic pants that I have. I also wore my polish scarf on my hips for the inseam area for the photos. I wish I would have made these pants sooner and been able to use them. BTW they are heavy, you need a good elastic in the waist and you need to cut in shorter than you think b/c they will pull themselves down. If you are tall you need to increase the length of the pants, as well as the sail.

Cheers,
Lauren

2 comments:

Rose said...

Those look great! I've seen dancers perform in them and I love all the ruffles. If you wear bike/dance shorts beneath them and a hip scarf, then you don't have to worry about displahyhing any inappropriate parts.

Rose in SV

Doctor T Designs said...

Gorgeous! I totally understand about the busy but I hope you can dance in them sometime soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...